Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Traces of our Passage

Here is a nice picture of the mountains in Innsbruck, Austria. I decided to insert some faces of the four of us that went on that trip last summer. There are 9 faces in total. Tell me if you find them or if it's too ambiguous :) I'll post more pictures or drawings involving competing perceptions. Hopefully, I'll get better at creating these... :D

Here I expect, but it is merely speculation, that the people involved in the picture or the people that know who they are will see more faces since there are more familiar with them.

One of the laws of Gestalt deals with familiarity in perception. In this case, it suggests that we see faces all the time and, hence, are very familiar and can recognize a human face in a picture or a landscape painting. Gestalt Psychology focuses on a holistic, overall pattern of the face, but is vague about the specificity and details of a unique recognisable face... There is new research in face recognition that I will discuss when I'll post the solution for this image locating the faces in the landscape. Enjoy :D

4 comments:

  1. make the picture bigger :)
    ive seen you guys for 4 months and i cant count 9 in total lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just click on it darling. I know they are kind of difficult to find. Anyway, Maxyne was pretty good!
    Also, there is one that is a bonus that's impossible to find :) If you found 8 it's great!
    PS: We'll wait for a stranger to try it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. g finalement vu la face a patsya que jvoyais po hier lolll ben...avec les réponses la... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you count me as a stranger, i counted 8 and i suspect i have a clue for the 9th one too. ;)

    ReplyDelete